- 1 cup of quinoa
- 250 g firm tofu, drained, in cubes
- 2 big or 4 small red bell peppers
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- tamari soy sauce
- a couple of twigs of fresh parsley
- half a zucchini
- (Himalayan) salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- a pinch of Cayenne pepper
- Coconut oil (or some other vegetable oil of your choice)
- A baking dish.
- Heat up the oven to about 180°C.
- Boil twice the amount of water as the amount of quinoa you are using (in this recipe: 1 cup). Rinse the quinoa & add it to the boiling water, let it simmer (don’t stir).
- Cut the tofu in small cubes, peel & cut the ginger in small pieces. Add enough tamari soy sauce in a deep bowl to coat the tofu, add the ginger, the sesame seeds and the tofu, mix it well and set aside, season with salt & pepper.
- Cut the zucchini in small cubes.
- Cut the parsley.
- Cut the bell peppers in half, remove seeds, wash and put in an baking dish.
- Heat up the coconut oil in a skillet, add the tofu and the remainder of the seasoning from the bowl and stir fry until slightly golden, add the zucchini, the parsley and Cayenne pepper and stir fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add the tofu mixture to the ready quinoa and mix well (of the heat source).
- Add the remainder of the quinoa/ tofu mixture in the baking dish around the bell peppers.
- Add the mixture in the bell peppers and put in the oven for about 30 minutes until the bell peppers have softened somewhat.
Serve with a green salad with a light olive oil, mustard & lemon juice vinaigrette.
Tip: depending on the season, you can replace the vegetables with other seasonal vegetables and you can replace the quinoa with another type of grain of your liking.