I never liked mayo, but I do love veganaise. And it’s so easy to make it yourself ! It goes very well with scrambled tofu, oven-roasted potatoes or vegetables, veggieburgers, wraps, …
- 50 ml unsweetened soy milk
- 100 ml sunflower or canola oil (canola gives it a very distinct taste, you need to like it to use it)
- 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar
- 0,5 tsp of Dijon mustard
- a pinch of Himalaya or sea salt
- Put all the ingredients in a glas jar (you can also put them in the bowl that comes with the blender but this method gives you less dishes) and blend until the content is nice and smooth (takes less than a minute generally).
- Save the veganaise in the closed jar in the fridge, it’ll stay good for at least a week normally.
TIPS: simply double the ingredients for a bigger portion.
You can add agave syrup if you like a more sweet taste. You can make any variation, adding fresh herbs, ketchup or spices to the basic recipe.
As my own photo doesn’t look as nice: Photo credit