I love quiches and especially this simple version that’s also gluten-free.
- 1 package of silken tofu (400g)
- A handful of cashew nuts
- 1 tsp asafoetida
- 1 tsp curcuma
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Sea (or Himalaya) salt & black pepper
- 250g mushrooms
- 1 leek
- 200g fresh spinach
- Dry parsley
- Mix the cashew nuts, asafoetida, nutritional yeast, curcuma and 2 tbsp of the silken tofu in a blender till it becomes soft (sauce like) consistency; add the rest of the silken tofu and blend it all together.
- Add salt and black pepper to your taste.
- Set the tofu mixture aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Clean and slice the mushrooms.
- Wash and slice the leek and spinach.
- Stir fry the leek for a couple of minutes before adding the mushrooms and finally the spinach and season with salt, pepper and some dried parsley.
- Put the vegetables in a baking dish, pour the tofu mixture over it and put in the oven for about 30′.
Serve with a green salad, or an avocado/ tomato and basil salad (see picture).
Tip: you can substitute the used veggies with any vegetable that you like, just adjust the cooking time to be sure they’re tender when they go in the oven.