Gnocchi are so delicious and filling. It’s not always easy to find a vegan version (check if they add milk in the ingredient list), but I’ve managed to find a good brand in my local organic store. Next up will be to make my own gnocchi from scratch, but until then, these will do 🙂
- 250 g Mushrooms
- 400 g fresh (of 200g frozen) spinach
- 160g vegan chicken pieces
- 200 ml soy cream
- 1 package of vegan gnocchi
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Half a tsp turmeric
- Pinch of pimenton (smoked paprika) powder
- Salt (Himalayan or sea)
- Black pepper
- Olive oil or coconut oil
- Optional: nutritional yeast
- Clean the mushrooms (not with water, but with a paper towel or special brush) & cut in 4.
- Cut the onion & cut in 1cm pieces (more or less), chop the garlic.
- Wash the spinach thoroughly or use frozen (needs to be thawed first).
- Put some olive or coconut oil in a frying pan or wok, allow to heat up well before adding the gnocchi. Stir fry until they’re a bit golden. Set aside.
- Stir fry the vegan chicken bits until they are lightly golden. Set aside.
- Stir fry onions, until golden, then add the mushrooms until nicely golden, add the garlic.
- Add the (fresh) spinach and stir for a couple of minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°.
- Add the spices and mix with all the other ingredients in the wok for a few minutes.
- Add the soy cream and stir until everything is well mixed and the sauce turns nicely golden yellow (turmeric effect).
- Add pepper & salt to your taste.
- Add nutritional yeast for a nutty/ cheesy flavour (optional).
- Put the content of your pan in an oven dish and leave it the oven for about 20 minutes.
Serve with a green or tomato/ rocket salad.