One of my favourite Yin Yoga teachers Joe Barnett will be back in Brussels teaching two courses in April, aimed at yoga teachers and other keen yogis. Moreover, if you take both courses, Sampoorna offers a package price of 725 euro for the two programs together.
Yin Yoga Foundations: Understanding a Practice of Surrender
30h Teacher Training (Yoga Alliance Certification)
Friday 1 April – 14:00-17:00
Saturday 2 April – 10:00-17:00
Sunday 3 April – 10:00-17:00
Friday 8 April – 14:00-17:00
Saturday 9 April – 10:00-17:00
Sunday 10 April – 10:00-17:00
- Introduction to Taoist Anatomical Analysis and Yin/Yang Yoga Sutras of Paul Grilley
- Interactive hands-on study of anatomy
- 14 Functional Segments of the Skeleton
- Understanding and discriminating sensation: Tension vs Compression, Muscle vs Fascia, Physical vs Subtle Energy
- Finding skeletal landmarks and testing range of motion
- Communication: When to listen/observe, when to speak/lead
- Introduction to sequencing
- Prayer for Teacher and Student (aka Shanti Prayer)
20h Teacher Training (Yoga Alliance Certification)
Price: 295 euro
When: 15-17 April 2016, 10:00-17:00 daily
- Brief yet focused reviews of the foundations
- Methods for teacher dialogue and sharpened focus, including an introduction to One-on-One treatment (Assisted Yin)
- This Next Level study also aims deeper than the crude tissues of the Target Area. The Yin practice releases blocked Chi which has the potential to awaken the spiritual centers of our being, the Chakras.
Joe Barnett, ERYT-500, has been teaching for over a decade. He travels nationally and internationally year round offering presentations and trainings on Yin and Yang (Vinyasa) forms of Yoga as well as Chakra and Meridian Meditation.
Joe’s main focus of study is Functional Anatomy for Yoga. He is a senior student and regular teaching assistant of Paul Grilley (paulgrilley.com), a true Yoga Scientist who is responsible for the current rise in the popularity of Yin Yoga. After several years of apprenticing under Paul, Joe recently began traveling nationally and internationally to train yoga teachers how to understand and feel the full range of motion of their joints and their students’ joints using Grilley’s Taoist Analysis of the Body to individualize the Postures of Yoga.
However, Joe’s play time is usually spent practicing, teaching and drawing others into AcroYoga which he has been playing since 2006 when he met Jason Magness (yogaslackers.com) with whom he continues to train/play whenever he can. In 2010, Joe traveled to Montreal to receive both levels of certification through the original AcroYogis Eugene Poku and Jessie Goldberg (acroyoga.com).
Om shanti -ॐ शान्ति