Purslane is in season and there was a bunch in my fridge that I used to make this green sauce. It’s a wonderful and simple way to use your purslane for a delicious and healthy pasta sauce. You can also use the sauce as appetizer or dip with raw veggies, in buddha or salad bowl or on toast.
- 1 bunch of purslane (2 handfuls)
- 1 handful of thawed green peas
- 1 handful of cashew nuts (or other nuts / seeds)
- Olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove (optional)
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
Blend everything in a high speed blender (or immersion blender) until a creamy consistency, salt and pepper to taste.
* This picture depicts the pesto in a recipe with spinach, some green peas and pasta.