Miso soup is very dear dish to my heart. Hereby the recipe of the version I made the other day.
I understand this is not a typical preparation of a traditional miso soup, but it’s my version and I like it. I sometimes add zucchini, but it gets soft very fast. You can add carrots or any other hard vegetable that you like. You can substitute the TVP with tofu as well (I like to season it and stir fry, not just boil). Enjoy !
- Brown rice noodles (or other vegan noodles of your choice) for 2
- 1 cup of TVP (dry)
- A few Kombu leaves
- Filtered water to fill one medium sized cooking pot
- 1 leek
- 1 broccoli head
- 1 tomato
- 1 cm of fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp brown rice miso (or other miso)
- 1 tbsp tamari sauce
- 1 tsp asafetida
- Black pepper
- Coconut oil
- Clean & wash the vegetables. Cut the broccoli in small florets; the leek in rings; the tomato in small pieces; peel the ginger and slice thinly.
- Bring the broccoli florets to boil and simmer for 5 minutes until just slightly cooked and still crispy. Take them out of the water with a slotted spoon. Rinse under cold water, set aside in a separate bowl.
- Add the kombu leaves to the water and let it simmer for at least 15 minutes.
Optional: add some vegan stock powder
- After 5 minutes, add the TVP and let simmer in the stock.
- Heat up some coconut oil in a skillet, add the tomato and some tamari until a sauce forms, add black pepper.
- After 10 minutes, take out the hydrated TVP with a slotted spoon.
- Add the TVP to the skillet and stir fry for about 5-8 minutes.
- Add the noodles to the stock and cook according to instructions (generally about 6-8 minutes), stir every now and then to avoid the noodles to stick together.
- In the meantime, season the broccoli with some sesame oil, black pepper & tamari and toss in the separate bowl.
- Mix the rice miso with some boiling water and tamari and mix well in a separate small bowl.
- Once the noodles are done, take out the kombu leaves.
- Prepare 2 soup bowls and put 2 tbsp of the miso mixture, then add half of the miso soup and half of the stir fried TVP.
- Add the broccoli by dipping it in the soup right before eating it, to avoid the broccoli from becoming too soft.
Om shanti -ॐ शान्ति