Last night I wanted to eat something healthy & light, but warm, as it’s still cold & rainy weather. I made a quick & dirty noodles dish that was simply delicious.
Ingredients (3 servings)
- +/- 160g King Soba organic sweet potato & buckwheat noodles
- 1 medium sized broccoli
- 6 leaves of Swiss chard
- 2 cm fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove
- Lima tamari sauce, less salt
- Sesame oil
- salt & black pepper
- Kimchi (vegan, store bought), optional
- Boil a pan with water for the noodles. Cook following the instructions (not too long!).
- Cut the broccoli in florets, wash. Put in a pan with just enough cold water to not cover the florets, add a pinch of salt & put on the stove to boil. Once boiling, let them simmer for a few minutes (max. 5), drain & rinse with cold water.
- Cut the stem & leaves of the Swiss chard, wash and set aside.
- Peel & slice the garlic and ginger.
- Heat sesame oil in a skillet or wok, add the ginger, stir fry for 2 minutes; add the Swiss chard, stir fry for 3-5 minutes; add the garlic, stir fry for 1 minute; add the broccoli & mix it all together. Add a few tablespoons of the tamari, some salt & black pepper to taste; add the noodles and mix it all together. Add more tamari & sesame oil if necessary.
- Serve in a bowl with some kimchi on top.
Use any vegetable you like according to the season or what you have in your fridge or freezer. Alway lightly blanching the hard vegetables before stir frying them.
You can add a source of protein such a mock meat, TVP or tofu. Season & stir fry it separately before adding it to the noodles.
Om shanti -ॐ शान्ति