Sometimes all you want is a home-baked pie. This is not my own recipe, I pimped it a bit and think it’s my best EVER Frangipane pie. The original recipe (in Dutch) can be found here.
- 150ml almond drink (I used almond cream, slightly thicker and so good)
- 5 tbsp of sunflower or canola oil
- 1 tub of Alpro Go On mango (or another flavour) OR 5 tbsp of non dairy yoghurt & some jam or marmalade of your choice.
- 1.5 tsp almond essence (artificial) or extract (natural)
- 0.5 tsp vanilla essence (artificial) or extract (natural)
- 120g unrefined cane sugar
- 1 ready made puff pastry (“pâte feuilletée”) – check that it’s vegan (so without butter)
- 150g flour
- 40g almond powder
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 0.5 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Blind bake the puff pastry for about 10 minutes.
- Sieve & stir all the dry ingredients together.
- Mix all the wet ingredients & cane sugar.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ones and mix well (except for the Alpro fruit mixture, save that for step 6).
- Spread the fruit mixture of the Alpro Go on the baked crust
- Add the filling.
- Put in the oven for 25 minutes.
Your pie is ready when you can stick in a fork in the middle of the pie and it comes out dry. ENJOY.
Optional: Let the cake cool completely and then cover with icing (powdered sugar mixed with water).
Om shanti -ॐ शान्ति
September 19, 2017 at 11:34 am
Thank you dear, I was waiting for it! Just a question the recipe says “blind bake the crust” but it doesn’t look like the crust is made with the ingredients you have listed, since they are used later in the recipe am I supposed to buy ready-made crust dough or what? Thanks for clarifying…
From: Ambika Yoga Reply-To: Ambika Yoga Date: Tuesday 19 September 2017 12:11 To: hanna summanen Subject: [New post] Frangipane pie ?
WordPress.com Ambika Yoga posted: “Sometimes all you want is a home-baked pie. This is not my own recipe, I pimped it a bit and think it’s my best EVER Frangipane pie. The original recipe (in Dutch) can be found here. Ingredients Wet 150ml almond drink (I used almond cream, slightly thic”
September 19, 2017 at 12:36 pm
Oups!!! So sorry. Yes a bio vegan pie crust (pâte feuilletée ) from Delhaize….
September 19, 2017 at 7:40 pm