If you are in need of some comfort food this season, then this recipe is ideal! Please share your variations of the recipe dish.
- 1-1,5kg medium sized potatoes
- Big bunch of collard greens (‘bettes’ in French or ‘warmoes’ in Dutch)
- 2 leeks
- 6 medium/ large sized mushrooms
- 400g vegan bacon
- 1 (or more) garlic cloves
- 200 ml of soy cream or more if you use more potatoes
- 1 tsp of wild garlic
- 2 tbsp of nutritional yeast
- Olive or coconut oil
- 1 tsp asafetida powder
- 0,5 tsp chili flakes
- Salt (Himalayan or sea) & black pepper
Peel the potatoes and boil them in slightly salted water in about 12-15′ or until tender (put a fork in them to check).
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Slice the leeks & collard greens wash and set aside.
- Clean the mushrooms with tissue paper (no water!), slice and set aside.
- Prepare the garlic (sliced or use a garlic press).
- Heat up some oil in a non sticky wok; stir fry the leek for a a few minutes until slightly brown; add the mushrooms, stir fry for another few minutes; add the collard greens, stir fry for a few minutes; add the vegan bacon and mix in all the dry spices (not the nutritional yeast!), stir fry for another few minutes; lower the heat.
- Once the potatoes are done, pour out the water, rinse with a bit of cold water and slice the potatoes in equal quarters.
- Add the potatoes to the vegetables/ bacon mixture; add the garlic; add the wild garlic; add the soy cream and the nutritional yeast. Mix well. Then turn of the heat.
- Grease a medium sized oven dish with some oil.
- Fill the oven dish with the content of your wok, make sure the soy cream covers the mixture of vegetables, bacon & potatoes.
- Put the baking dish in the oven and back for about 30 minutes.
Serve like that or with a green salad.
Om shanti -ॐ शान्ति