Some nights, you just don’t have time to prepare an elaborate meal. Welcome this relatively quick home made noodle soup! This soup can be made with real (soba) noodles, gluten free noodles or spaghetti or linguini, whatever you have in your pantry or suits your taste.
You can substitute the textured vegetable protein (also known as TVP) with tofu as well (I like to season it and stir fry, not just boil). Enjoy !
- Brown rice noodles (or other vegan noodles of your choice) for 2
- 1 cup of TVP (dry)
- Vegetable stock (enough to boil the noodles)
- 1 broccoli head
- 2 tbsp miso (I used chick pea miso)
- 2 tbsp tamari or shoyu sauce
- 1 tbsp of tahin
- Optional: 1 cm of fresh ginger
- Black pepper
- Clean & wash the broccoli. Cut the broccoli in small florets; the stem in small pieces; peel the ginger and slice thinly.
- Make the vegetable stock according to the package instructions, add the TVP, let simmer for about 10 minutes.
- In 2 soup bowls, mix the miso & tahin with a bit of the vegetable stock to a liquid paste.
- Take out the TVP with a slotted spoon and put aside.
- Add the ginger and the noodles in the stock and set the timer for them to cook al dente.
- Stir fry the TVP with some tamari or shoyu sauce and some spices of your choice for a few minutes, until crispy.
- When there are 3 minutes left on the timer, add the broccoli to the stock.
- When the timer is ready, take the noodles, ginger & broccoli out of the stock with a slotted spoon & divide over the 2 bowls.
- Add some of the stock & mix well.
- Add the fried TVP to the soup.
- Season with black pepper & some more tamari to your taste.
Option: you can add some (toasted) sesame seeds or gomashio to your soup.
Om shanti -ॐ शान्ति
You must be logged in to post a comment.