This is a fabulous recipe if you need to make something for a potluck or a brunch. The paté is wonderful on toast with veganaise, but also as a main dish with rice or quinoa and a salad or green vegetables on the side. It’s delicious both warm & cold.
- 1 pack of firm tofu (350g)
- 2 to 3 carrots
- 100g pumpkin of sunflower seeds
- 5 tbsp sunflower (or other neutral vegetable) oil
- 4 tbsp tamari or shoyu sauce
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 to 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice, to taste
- 2 tbsp minced fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp asafetida powder
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1/2 tsp of chili flakes
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In a large bowl, grate the tofu & carrots.
- Add the seeds, spices, oil, tamari/ shoyu, flour, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, parsley & mix everything well together.
- Oil a baking dish & add the mixture.
- Place the dish in the oven for about 20 to 25 minutes until golden.
This is a tweaked recipe, the original recipe in Dutch.
Om shanti -ॐ शान्ति