This recipe is great for this season, it’s warming & filling and simply delicious in my opinion.
For the first time I used my InstantPot to steam the potatoes & it worked super well! I can even reduce the steam time from 3 to 2 minutes to make them a bit more crunchy.
Ingredients (3/4 portions)
- 500g Brussels sprouts (the smaller the better)
- 500g potatoes (the ones you prefer)
- 150g vegan bacon
- 2 onions
- 3 garlic cloves
- Chimichurri (optional)
- Salt & pepper
- Olive oil (or any vegetable oil you like)
- Clean the Brussels sprouts (take of the bottom part) & cut in half & rinse.
- Peal (if not using organic) the potatoes, cut out ugly spots or sprouts, cut in equal parts & rinse.
- Peal & cut the onions (small pieces).
- Peal & cut the garlic (small).
- InstantPot: I used the steamer basket, 1 cup of water, some salt & the potatoes spread out in the basket. Close the lid, select steam & 2 minutes (if you use small potatoes or small parts). After the program is done, allow natural release for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, boil water (I used my kettle to save time), poor over the Brussels sprouts in your wok frying pan, add some salt to your liking, boil for about 5-8 minutes until tender (but not overcooked), al dente. Throw out the boiling water and set aside the Brussels sprouts in a strainer, you can rinse with some cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Warm the olive oil in your wok, stir fry the bacon, set aside.
- Use any remaining oil or add some fresh, then stir fry the onion until golden, add the chopped garlic, stir fry for 1 or 2 minutes more. Add the steamed potatoes and stir fry for a few minutes. Add the Brussels sprouts and mix for a few minutes. Lastly add the bacon, season with salt & pepper to your taste.
I served it with (store bought) chimichurri salsa & some vegan mayo.
Any leftovers are great the next day, just fry it up in your wok with some olive oil and let it get crunchy.