This recipe is great for this season, it’s warming & filling and simply delicious in my opinion.
For the first time I used my InstantPot to steam the potatoes & it worked super well! I can even reduce the steam time from 3 to 2 minutes to make them a bit more crunchy.
Ingredients (3/4 portions)
- 500g Brussels sprouts (the smaller the better)
- 500g potatoes (the ones you prefer)
- 150g vegan bacon
- 2 onions
- 3 garlic cloves
- Chimichurri (optional)
- Salt & pepper
- Olive oil (or any vegetable oil you like)
- Clean the Brussels sprouts (take of the bottom part) & cut in half & rinse.
- Peal (if not using organic) the potatoes, cut out ugly spots or sprouts, cut in equal parts & rinse.
- Peal & cut the onions (small pieces).
- Peal & cut the garlic (small).
- InstantPot: I used the steamer basket, 1 cup of water, some salt & the potatoes spread out in the basket. Close the lid, select steam & 2 minutes (if you use small potatoes or small parts). After the program is done, allow natural release for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, boil water (I used my kettle to save time), poor over the Brussels sprouts in your wok frying pan, add some salt to your liking, boil for about 5-8 minutes until tender (but not overcooked), al dente. Throw out the boiling water and set aside the Brussels sprouts in a strainer, you can rinse with some cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Warm the olive oil in your wok, stir fry the bacon, set aside.
- Use any remaining oil or add some fresh, then stir fry the onion until golden, add the chopped garlic, stir fry for 1 or 2 minutes more. Add the steamed potatoes and stir fry for a few minutes. Add the Brussels sprouts and mix for a few minutes. Lastly add the bacon, season with salt & pepper to your taste.
I served it with (store bought) chimichurri salsa & some vegan mayo.
Any leftovers are great the next day, just fry it up in your wok with some olive oil and let it get crunchy.
You must be logged in to post a comment.