There’s enormous comfort in eating a delicious homemade soup with the vegetables that you have in your fridge. Improvise each time with what you have have, if you don’t know what to make, or when you don’t have much time and still want a healthy & filling meal. This particular time I made a soup with 5 different vegetables, some spices and voilà !
- 4 green celery stalks
- 2 carrots
- 1 fennel
- 1 onion
- 1 potato
- 1 cm of fresh ginger
- 2 tsp of turmeric
- 1 tsp of smoked paprika powder
- Enough (filtered) water to cover the vegetables
- Vegetable oil (preferably olive or coconut)
- Salt & peper to taste
- Wash and cut the vegetables in equal-sized parts, peel and cut the ginger in small pieces.
- Stir fry the ginger in some vegetable oil.
- Add the vegetables and stir fry for some minutes, add the turmeric and paprika powder and stir until all the vegetables are nicely covered with the spices.
- Fill the casserole with enough water to cover all the vegetables, bring to a boil and let it simmer with the lid on for about 20 minutes (or until the vegetables are soft enough to blend. (TIP: you can also boil the water separately and add boiling water to the vegetables).
- Blend the soup with a hand blender to a smooth soup.
- Enjoy with or without some boiled quinoa or toast or just like that.
You must be logged in to post a comment.