Ooooh how I sometimes crave ice cream! As a vegan it’s not always easy to find ice cream, as most ice creams are made of cow’s milk cream…
Hence my huge happy surprise when I discovered nice cream! Ice made of frozen bananas! It’s super easy, healthy and cheap. Often you might not know what to do with overripe bananas, so from now on, trust me, you’ll simply make nice cream out of them.
- Peel, slice and freeze a very ripe banana/ some bananas.
- Mix the frozen banana(s) in a blender or using a handheld blender or a kitchen machine.
From here you vary according to your desires and the available ingredients. Some examples:
- Chocolate nice cream: blend in 1-2 tbsp of cocoa powder & some small pieces of black chocolate.
- Raspberry nice cream: blend in a handful of (frozen) raspberries.
- Blueberry nice cream: blend in a handful of (frozen) blueberries.
- Bounty nice cream: blend in 1-2 tbsp of cocoa powder,1-2 tbsp of grated coconut and 2 tbsp of coconut milk or cream.
- Acai bowl: add 1-2 tbsp of acai powder to your nice cream, blend. Add toppings such as granola, blueberries, goji berries, banana, coconut shavings, chocolate sprinkles, …
- Peanut butter nice cream: blend in 2 tbsp of peanut butter and some nuts of your choice.