As I found myself with a lot of left-over spicy ginger-mango sauce after a vegan BBQ, I decided to make it to good use and do some baking with it. Browsing for recipes on the internet, I found one on the website of Vegetarian Times and adapted it to my liking.
- 2 cups of whole wheat flower
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 0,5 tsp of baking powder
- 0,5 tsp of salt (Himalaya)
- Optional: 2 tbsp of grated coconut
- 1,5 cups of mango sauce (1,5 large, ripe mangoes pealed & diced)
- 0,5 cup of agave syrup (or more if you want it sweeter)
- 0,5 cup of coconut oil
- 1 tbsp of freshly grated ginger root
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 bowls
- Wooden spoon
- Baking dish
- Start the oven at 180°C and grease a baking dish with some coconut oil.
- Sieve all the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Peal & dice the mangoes and puree with the grated ginger in a blender.
- Stir all the liquid ingredients together in another recipient, add the mango sauce using a wooden spoon.
- Transfer the liquid ingredients into the mixed dry ingredients, using a wooden spoon to stir it into a batter. Poor the batter in the baking dish and bake in the middle of the oven for about 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
Serving suggestion: Nice with coconut whipped cream.