Sometimes all you want is a home-baked pie. This is not my own recipe, I pimped it a bit and think it’s my best EVER Frangipane pie. The original recipe (in Dutch) can be found here.
- 150ml almond drink (I used almond cream, slightly thicker and so good)
- 5 tbsp of sunflower or canola oil
- 1 tub of Alpro Go On mango (or another flavour) OR 5 tbsp of non dairy yoghurt & some jam or marmalade of your choice.
- 1.5 tsp almond essence (artificial) or extract (natural)
- 0.5 tsp vanilla essence (artificial) or extract (natural)
- 120g unrefined cane sugar
- 1 ready made puff pastry (“pâte feuilletée”) – check that it’s vegan (so without butter)
- 150g flour
- 40g almond powder
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 0.5 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Blind bake the puff pastry for about 10 minutes.
- Sieve & stir all the dry ingredients together.
- Mix all the wet ingredients & cane sugar.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ones and mix well (except for the Alpro fruit mixture, save that for step 6).
- Spread the fruit mixture of the Alpro Go on the baked crust
- Add the filling.
- Put in the oven for 25 minutes.
Your pie is ready when you can stick in a fork in the middle of the pie and it comes out dry. ENJOY.
Optional: Let the cake cool completely and then cover with icing (powdered sugar mixed with water).
Om shanti -ॐ शान्ति
You must be logged in to post a comment.