Sometimes you come home to a nearly empty fridge or fresh produce, but to lots of ingredients in your freezer/ pantry. Then this dish is easy to whip up in about 30 minutes.
- A block of firm tofu, about 400 grams
- 200 ml of soy cream
- 2 tbsp soy sauce (I used organic tamari)
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp asafetida powder
- Black pepper
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 0,5 tsp chili powder
- 250g frozen spinach
- 150g frozen green peas
- Pasta of your choice (about 75g pp)
- Coconut oil
- Squeeze the excess water from the tofu above the sink.
- Cut the tofu into bite size cubes.
- Season the tofu cubes with the soy sauce, turmeric, asafetida, black pepper & chili powder coating all cubes evenly. Set aside.
- Heat up water for the pasta.
- Heat up oil in a frying pan or wok and add the seasoned tofu cubes. Stir fry for about 8-10 until golden.
- Cook the pasta according to directions.
- Add spinach until cooked.
- Add green peas.
- Add soy cream and stir well.
- Stir in nutritional yeast.
- Drain the pasta and quickly add some cold water to stop cooking process.
- Add the pasta to the sauce and mix well.
- Season with salt & black pepper to taste.
Om shanti -ॐ शान्ति