Yogini & friend Maja taught me a delicious cauliflower recipe during my stay in the wonderful Sivananda ashram in Val Morin this summer.
Ingredients (serves ~ 3-4 people):
- 1 (organic) cauliflower
- Olive oil
- Spices of your choice (turmeric, ginger, cumin, paprika, cinnamon, …)
- Salt & pepper
How to ?
- Cut the cauliflower into florets, wash and set aside.
- In a big bowl, add about 1/3 cup of olive oil and blend in your favorite spices in equal quantities, i.e. 1 tablespoon of cinnamon, turmeric, ginger, paprika, garam masala, …
- Mix all the spices with the oil, add the cauliflower florets, marinate for ~30 minutes.
- Season with salt & pepper
- Put the cauliflower in the oven and drizzle with the remaining oil mixture.
- Leave for about 20-30 minutes until nicely crispy.
- Serve with quinoa and stir fried tofu and a tahini dressing for example. Bon appétit !
Make sure the florets are well coated with the oil/ spice mixture, the cauliflower shouldn’t ‘swim’ in the oil, nor should it be too dry.