This recipe is great for any day, breakfast, lunch & dinner! Tip from my Asian friends, it works best with COLD rice. In this case I had even frozen leftover jasmine rice and thawed it during the day before using it in the fried rice recipe. The same for the tofu scramble, I had had it for lunch and the leftovers are perfect for the evening menu.
Ingredients (3/4 portions)
- 2 cups* jasmine rice (*cups measured of uncooked rice), cold
- 1 big carrot, diced
- 1 leek, sliced & halved
- 200g mushrooms, sliced & halved
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp tamari sauce
- 2 tbsp black bean & garlic sauce (from Asian supermarket)
- 1 tbsp chili paste (from Asian supermarket)
- Salt & pepper
- Peanut, sesame or olive oil (or any other vegetable oil you like)
- Optional: spring onions.
- Stir fry the mushrooms until well done, add garlic, stir fry until the garlic is well done.
- Add carrots & stir fry, after a few minutes add a dash or 2 of (hot) water to quickly cook the carrots.
- Add the leek.
- Add the chili paste & black bean paste, mix well. Add a bit more water if it’s too sticky.
- Add the rice, mix well.
- Add the tamari, mix well.
- Add the tofu scramble, mix well.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Optional: add spring onions.
- Serve as is, or with a cucumber salad.
Any leftovers are great the next day, just fry it up in your wok.