Last year aquafaba was the news of the century in the vegan world. There are heeps of websites, blogs and Facebook group where people share their experiments and recipes. I’d posted a French movie on our Jeudi Veggie Facebook page that was a big hit and last weekend I finally tried my first experiment with aquafaba.
Aquafaba (according to the official website): “the word aquafaba is the common name for the cooking liquid of beans and other legumes like chickpeas. You may know it as the typically discarded liquid found in retail cans and boxes of beans, or as the liquid left over from cooking your own.”
- 200 g of black chocolate (vegan)
- 200 ml aquafaba (I used the liquid of 1 jar of chick peas)
- 30g (or less) unrefined sugar
- 2 tbsp of plant based milk (I used soy)
- Mix the aquafaba liquid for at least 5 minutes until it shows white peaks.
- Add sugar and mix.
- Melt the chocolate au bain marie, add the soy milk and leave to cool.
- Fold the aquafaba in the chocolate until completely absorbed and fluffy.
- Place the chocolate mousse in 4 jars and leave at least 1 hour to cool off and stiffen in the fridge.
- ENJOY 🙂
Om shanti -ॐ शान्ति